What is a Cloud Notebook?
A Cloud Notebook is a web-based interactive computing environment, similar to Jupyter Notebooks, that allows users to create, edit, and run documents containing live code, equations, visualizations, and narrative text. Cloud Notebooks are hosted on cloud platforms and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, making them a popular choice for data scientists, researchers, and developers working on collaborative projects, data analysis tasks, and machine learning model development.
Different Cloud Notebook platforms
- Google Colaboratory (Colab)
- Microsoft Azure Notebooks
- IBM Watson Studio
- Databricks Community Edition
Benefits of Cloud Notebooks
- Accessibility: Accessible from any device with an internet connection, making it easy to work on projects from anywhere.
- Collaboration: Collaborative features allow multiple users to work on the same notebook simultaneously.
- Simplicity: No installation or setup required, simplifying the user experience.
- Integration: Integration with cloud-based tools and services for data storage, processing, and visualization.