DATA SCIENCE COMPETITION
Parkinson's Disease Progression Prediction
Use protein and peptide data measurements from Parkinson's Disease patients to predict progression of the disease
Welcome to the Parkinson's Disease Progression Prediction Challenge!
The Accelerating Medicines Partnership program (AMP-PD) has launched a competition aiming to predict the progression of Parkinson’s disease by forecasting MDS-UPDR scores.
The MDS-UPDRS is an assessment that measures both motor and non-motor symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease. To develop the model, you will analyze protein and peptide levels over time in patients with Parkinson’s disease and compare them to those of normal age-matched control subjects.
The insights gained from this study could provide valuable information about the molecular changes that occur as Parkinson’s disease progresses. Your contribution to this project could help advance our understanding of this disease and pave the way for important breakthroughs in treatment and management.
- February 16, 2023 - Start Date.
- May 11, 2023 - Entry Deadline. You must accept the competition rules before this date to compete.
- May 11, 2023 - Team Merger Deadline. This is the last day participants may join or merge teams.
- May 18, 2023 - Final Submission Deadline.
- Unless otherwise noted, all deadlines are at 11:59 PM UTC on a corresponding day. The competition organizers reserve the right to update the contest timeline if necessary.
- 1st Place - $ 25,000
- 2nd Place - $ 20,000
- 3rd Place - $ 15,000
Sponsored by Saturn Cloud
The dataset is hosted by Saturn Cloud, which will be available for download. Each participant can use the Saturn Cloud computing environment, which provides 100 free hours of compute per participant, and a Python environment. Message Saturn Cloud support and say, "I'm competing in the Parkinson's Disease Progression Prediction challenge." You'll be upgraded from the standard free tier to 100 hours of compute! Click the link below to get started with the competition.